The Lebanese University is the only public institution in Lebanon carrying out the functions of the public higher education with its various majors and degrees, scientific research, and continuous training through:
- Dissemination of knowledge and culture;
- Provision of scientifically qualified human resources;
- Community service through studies and continuous training to meet the needs of development;
- Scientific presence at the national, regional and global levels;
- Deepening social and national integration;
- Instilling human values in the heart of citizens.