"DIES ProGRANT" from the Universität zu Köln taking place in Lebanon is open for applications. Apply now and before February 10th 2019 to benefit from this program.
“DIES ProGRANT Proposal Writing for Research Projects: Practical-oriented trainings for New Researchers”
Seminar I: May 1st – 5th, 2019, Lebanon
E-Learning Module: May – August 2019
Seminar II: December 2nd – 6th, 2019, Lebanon
The aim of DIES ProGRANT is to train researchers and young PhD holders in developing a promising proposal for national or international research funding (every participant will have the opportunity to tailor their application to the funding institution of their choice). Researchers from all disciplines can apply for this course. Each group will consist of 30 participants from the region. Because of its multicultural nature, DIES ProGRANT is also an effective tool for promoting international research and relationships.
Potential participants are researchers and PhD-holders from Lebanon and Jordan.
Selection criteria are that participants:
· Must hold a doctoral degree or have equivalent research experience
· Have an affiliation to an academic institution in the above mentioned countries
· Possess excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
· Be preferably at the beginning or middle stages of their research career.
· 30 participants will be selected according to the quality of their exposé and also based on regional and institutional profiles. Applicants will be given a final decision by March 2019.
The costs for this training course will be mainly covered by funds of the DAAD (travel expenses, accommodation and meals, course expenses).
Participants and/or their home institutions are expected to cover local transportation in their home countries (for example: taxi to airport), visa costs (if applicable) and possible additional cost per day for the stay in Lebanon.
Deadline for applications is February 10th 2019, 11:00 pm German time.
For detailed information: http://proposalwriting.globalsouth.uni-koeln.de.
Following the link under “Course Offerings” you will find the Online Application Form.
P.S. if you do not wish to be on this mailing list, please inform us with your name and email and we will remove you from the list.