Equality, enhancing trust, and developing the language of communication to build positive relationships in the societal environment and the workplace are all listed on the plan of the Lebanese University - Careers, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (Centre MINE) to contribute to strengthening the academic and professional role of women, complementing the ERASMUS+ program and FREE Project “Female Academic Role Model Empowerment, Equality and Sustainability at Universities in Mediterranean Region: towards 2030 Agenda” signed with the Lebanese University.
In order to implement the plan, Centre MINE will begin from criteria included in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development set by the United Nations, including the following points:
· Develop a language of communication capable of building positive and supportive relationships in the workplace between men and women;
· Identify and address the key gender equality issue, demonstrate confidence in challenging inequality and support colleagues;
· Work on broad partnerships to provide leadership and support the change of harmful gender norms, policies and practices and improve gender equality;
· Achieve full and productive employment opportunities and secure decent work for all women, men, youth and people with special needs;
· Support entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalization and growth of SMEs.
Because social norms and stereotypes were the barrier to the advancement of women and discrimination against them, Centre MINE will focus on the "change of norms", through projects, activities, jobs and women's opportunities strategies that include rights and skills in order to:
· Empower academics and professional women through a series of training workshops to develop their capabilities;
· Improve the management and operation of higher education by introducing equality and sustainability centers and services;
· Develop research and innovation by supporting women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial ideas;
· Foster partnerships for broad-based and inclusive economic development, and encourage sustainable business and ideas for inclusive growth;
· Provide integrated, quality, rights-based and gender-diverse services without discrimination;
· Mainstream gender equality in all job opportunities announced by Center MINE and all fields and sectors.